Was preparing for the Korea trip and the idea of bringing and using mask came on.
Not like facial mask for the pimples and acne, but facial mask for disease spread prevention.
the lengendary N95:
and the Surgical mask:
I came to know about the N95 mask during the SARs season.
Didnt exactly used it, dont remember why too.
So… My thoughts were Surgical Mask is sufficient. Dont really need to get N95 for my Seoul trip.
Then my bff knocked me awake.
13. Are surgical masks useful?
– Normal surgical masks are not effective in filtering fine particles (i.e. tiny particles that are 2.5 microns or less in width), although they can reduce the discomfort cause by haze by providing a barrier between the wearer’s nose and mouth, and larger irritant particles in the air.
14. Are surgical masks the same as N95 masks?
– Surgical masks and N95 masks are different and were made for different purposes. Surgical masks were designed to protect the surrounding environment from the user’s own spit or mucous. Healthcare professionals use them (e.g. in an operating theatre) to prevent their own germs from infecting the patient.
– N95 masks were designed to protect the wearer from airborne particles. Studies have shown that they are at least 95% efficient against fine particles that are about 0.1 – 0.3 microns, assuming good fit on the wearer’s face.
So meaning to say Normal surgical masks protects others from us.
N95 masks protects us from others.
“at least 95% effecient against fine particles that are about 0.1 – 0.3 microns.”
so that was it… Hmm… 🙂
thank you Ms Leee~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for coming by